Ronald A. Almiron, a resident of the City of Wheaton, first moved to Willowbrook in DuPage County in 1997. As an associate attorney for his in-house insurance defense law firm at the time, he was managing its DuPage County court files. Married to Victoria, who is also a practicing attorney, for seventeen years, he and his wife are raising their son, a sixth grader at St. Michael Parish School, in the City of Wheaton. Their family cat is named Chubbs.
Ron is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame and The John Marshall Law School. Practicing law in Illinois for the past twenty-five years, he is a successful appellate, litigation, and real estate attorney. As a civil litigator, he has fifty (50) jury trials to date. He has fought fraud on behalf of a major Northbrook-based insurance company as part of its Special Investigations Unit (SIU). Ron has been handling real estate closings and serving as a title insurance agent since 2005.
Ron has also been representing borrowers in mortgage foreclosure matters for the past ten years. And in the appellate court, he successfully earned a decision favorable to his clients in a published opinion. CitiMortgage v. Johnson, 2013 IL App (2d) 120719.
A seasoned community servant, Ron is an accomplished advocate for homeowners as well. His community board and other volunteer experience includes the following:
– Trustee, Treasurer/Chief Financial Officer, Wheaton Mosquito Abatement District
– Member, City of Wheaton Planning & Zoning Board
– Secretary, School Advisory Board, St. Michael Parish School
– Lector and Parishioner, St. Michael Catholic Church
– President, Waterford Place of Wheaton Condominium Association
– Advancement Co-Chair, Cub Scout Pack 134, Three Fires Council
– Parent Volunteer, Wheaton Park District Barracudas Swim Team
– Counsel, Asian American Caucus of DuPage County
– Vice President and Member, Glendale Heights Barangay Lions Club
– Co-Chair, Diversity Scholarship Foundation Unity Dinner
– President, Filipino American Bar Association of Illinois
– Law Clerk & Attorney, Legal Clinic for the Disabled
– Section Editor for Dome, college yearbook.
As the only Recorder candidate with a wealth of not only legal real estate transactional, but also mortgage foreclosure experience at both the circuit court and appellate court levels, Ron Almiron is extremely well-qualified to serve as Recorder for DuPage County.
Copyright © Citizens for Ron Almiron. All Rights Reserved.