Ron Almiron, a resident of the City of Wheaton, first moved to Willowbrook in DuPage County in 1997. As an associate attorney for his in-house insurance defense law firm at the time, he was managing its DuPage County court files. Married to Victoria, who is also a practicing attorney, for eighteen years, he and his wife are raising their son, a sixth grader at St. Michael Parish School, in the City of Wheaton. Their family cat is named Chubbs Robert.
Ron is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame and The John Marshall Law School. Practicing law in Illinois for the past twenty-five years, he is a successful appellate, litigation, and real estate attorney. As a civil litigator, he has fifty (50) jury trials to date. He has fought fraud on behalf of a major Northbrook-based insurance company as part of its Special Investigations Unit (SIU). Ron has been handling real estate closings and serving as a title insurance agent since 2005. He is well familiar with those doing business with the Office of Recorder.
Ron has also been representing borrowers in mortgage foreclosure matters for the past ten years. And in the appellate court, he successfully earned a decision favorable to his clients in a published opinion. CitiMortgage v. Johnson, 2013 IL App (2d) 120719. Twenty-five years ago, he started his legal career handling guardianships for disabled persons. Today, Ron is giving back to the community by doing pro bono work on behalf of a disabled individual with an employment discrimination ADA claim.
A seasoned community servant, Ron is an accomplished advocate for homeowners as well. His community board and other volunteer experience includes the following:
– Trustee, Treasurer/Chief Financial Officer, Wheaton Mosquito Abatement District
– Member, City of Wheaton Planning & Zoning Board
– Lector and Parishioner, St. Michael Catholic Church
– Secretary, School Advisory Board, St. Michael Parish School
– 6th Grade Boys Assistant Basketball Coach, St. Michael Parish School
– President, Waterford Place of Wheaton Condominium Association
– Advancement Co-Chair, Cub Scout Pack 134, Three Fires Council
– Parent Volunteer, Wheaton Park District Barracudas Swim Team
– Counsel, Asian American Caucus of DuPage County
– Vice President and Member, Glendale Heights Barangay Lions Club
– Co-Chair, Diversity Scholarship Foundation Unity Dinner
– President, Filipino American Bar Association of Illinois
– Law Clerk & Attorney, Legal Clinic for the Disabled
– Section Editor for Dome, college yearbook.
As the only Recorder candidate with a wealth of not only legal real estate transactional, but also mortgage foreclosure experience at both the circuit court and appellate court levels, Ron Almiron is extremely well-qualified to serve as Recorder for DuPage County. Importantly, as a small business owner and counselor to corporate clients, he is also the candidate with the most business acumen.
Copyright © Citizens for Ron Almiron. All Rights Reserved.